July 9th and 10th

     July 9th was completely a day of traveling! Traveling back and forth across 3 different time zones. I left Seattle at 11:30am and arrived in Houston at 6:00pm. Due to bad weather, my flight was delayed a couple hours and I ended up leaving Houston around 9:00pm instead of the originally planned 7:30pm. Which actually made it a little less stressful as I tried to look for my next gate.
 
      I arrived in San Pedro Sula after 11pm after a lot of bad turbulence and prayers! Next stop: Customs. Not quite as bad as i thought it would be, but i suppose it will be not as easy when i try to reenter the USA. The humidity and the heat were awful, even in the middle of the night.
It was so good to see the Lanes! They picked me up in their little school bus and drove me to the hotel where we stayed the night.

     July 10th we woke up to plenty of heat and humidity to go around, that only got higher as the day went on. We did a lot of shopping that day in San Pedro Sula before taking the 3 hour drive home. Honduras has some of the craziest drivers! Thankfully Pastor Lane is a good driver, but I will say I did have to look away a few times..


     After picking up the necessities in the big city (like Honey Mustard Pringles) we started the long drive home. We also stopped on the side of the road to buy some bananas, coconuts, breadfruit, and a few other things. We were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way, that is, till we got close to where they live in La Esperanza, and it started pouring down rain. We made it home JUST in time to run through the puddles and the mud AND be soaked by the rain and the mini waterfall pouring off the roof! A perfect welcome to the rainy season! :)










Honduras is a beautiful country! I am so happy to finally be here! 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like so much fun! (Other than the rainy weather.) Take a ton of pics of yourself doing stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete