July 17th and 20th

Both Tuesday and Friday I was able to spend time making a new friend, Yessenia. She is a school teacher here in La Esperanza. She teaches the children English. So I was able to practice a little of my Spanish with her, and she was able to practice her English with me. She is a sweet girl with a great sense of humor, we had a lot of fun getting to know each other.

A painting at the restaurant; makes me laugh every time!


On Tuesday, Pastor and Mrs Lane and I picked up Yessenia from the school where she teaches and we went out to dinner. We had a great time fellowshipping and eating some amazing food!
After dinner the four of us drove back to the house. Mrs Lane, Yessenia, and I played 3 rounds of Skipbo (I won all 3 :) just thought i'd mention that). We had a lot of fun laughing and teasing each other. One of the best memories from that day was when one of the stacks in the middle reached '12' and I forgot to set the stack aside. Yessenia looked at me and instead of saying "set it aside" she says "Get out! Get out!" We were laughing so hard. It is something we say now in every game.
Pastor Lane cut up a watermelon for us. It was the best watermelon I have ever had. I was even able to enjoy it after Mrs Lane smashed it in my face.



Yessenia and I



Thank you Mrs. Lane

The power kept going out that night, when that happens we use the oil lamps. 


On Friday, Pastor and Mrs. Lane and I drove into town to do some grocery shopping. We met Yessenia at the grocery store and drove her home with us. After we had lunch, Yessenia and I caught the bus into town to do some shopping of our own. She was able to teach me some more Spanish. Such as the difference between "DiscĂșlpeme" (excuse me) and "escupeme" (spit on me); the two of them sound far to close for comfort!

La Esperanza



I am loving my time spent here in Honduras! I can't believe my trip is almost half over, I will miss being here.

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon....I was wondering if you were having a good time...because I did not see any updates on your blog...now I feel better that I see your update....glad you are having a good time with the Lanes, and your new friend Yessenia...how exciting is that...I know that you are busy learning new things each day...and what a wonderful way to experience new things in a new area....sounds like a beautiful place...and I enjoy your pictures....just to let you know that Grandma said she will be glad when you are back home...you are too far away...but she is happy for you also....it is time to take Chico to see his doctor....and next Friday I will see Jerry and Darrah and David and Erica for two days...I am also getting ready for Relay For Life...the cancer walk....talk to you soon...Remember that He cares....Love Aunt Odessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Odessa
    Yes it has been a while since I last put up a new post. I am having a incredible time here in Honduras. I will have to give grandma a call while I am here. I hope you have a great time with the family! That should be really fun! love you!

    ReplyDelete