July 12th
Introductions!

Today I will introduce you to the many critters who also make there home here on the Lanes property. Some welcome, some not so much.

1- Pepper, Star, and Black Beauty

I love the horses! They have quite their own personalities. Forgive me for not knowing the exact kind of horse they are, but Pepper is the white, Star is the redish-brown, and Black is, of course, the black one, but not as black as she used to be.













































2- Smokey, Blue, Foxy, and Mia
The dogs are great. They let us know when someone is at the gate. Everyone is afraid of them and for good reason, I wouldn't cross Smokey..

3- Boots (the goat), the roosters and hens, and the duck
They share the same pen and follow me up and down the fence when I go to pick blackberries, hoping i'll throw one over.

4- I don't know what kind of bird this was but Pastor Lane rescued him from the dogs who would have caught and killed him. He was just a baby, just learning how to fly.













5- Those not so welcome..
Thankfully I have not run into too many bugs, although I have a few bites from some who are lucky I didn't see them.
They have a pretty nasty-looking centipede that finds its way into the house every once in a while.
Upon very rare occasions, I am told, scorpions, snakes, and mice find there way in. But that isn't very common.

I am also told that the tarantulas stay outside, for which I am very thankful. You never really know how close you are to a spider till you make the mistake of looking above you...or maybe a family from the looks of the next picture. It was easily over a foot and a half across, and one of many.









Don't worry, no more spider pictures on the next post, so you can keep reading!





July 13th

After a delicious breakfast (Mrs. Lane is a great cook) it was another busy day at home. I was cutting out flannel graph and helping where I could. Mrs Lane was preparing for a meeting the next day with those who are interested in becoming teachers in their church. There was a lot of preparations involved, including cupcakes. Pastor Lane drove his motorcycle into town to pick up a few groceries and I got to ride along! It was my first time on a motorcycle and I had a blast.




3 comments:

  1. Not sure if my last message went through...but have a good day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one did! :) I hope you have a good day to!

      Delete
    2. I had a message all typed out and I hit the wrong button and lost it...oh dear...I hate that when that happens...but I loved your diary...I hope that you will use slides and share your adventures to the children back home...who knows you may plant a seed in someone who might think of becoming a missionary....wouldn't that be great!!!...sorry to hear about the little girl...I hope she will be OK...and I loved the object lesson...that one gets an A+...Chico is doing better...he will get groomed tomorrow...and I am busy with the Shoe Boxes again..(Samaritan Purse...)..my garage is starting to look like a mini wearhouse...have a good evening...say HI ..to the Lane's...Remember that He cares...Love Aunt Odessa...

      Delete